Saturday was a busy day away from home. My son had 2 baseball games in Fargo - and it was COLD! Windy, rainy, sleeting. It was terrible! I felt guilty for running to my car with Aiden after 2 innings with a couple other younger kids to put a movie on in the vehicle for them to warm up and sit on heated seats with the heater on, while the big boys were out in that weather playing baseball!
It was a hard day to get in a gallon of water, I only got in probably 2 liters. Didnt want to use the porta potty at the field!
Water and Oolong Tea for the drive to Fargo for the games.
While my husband had McDonalds, I had an apple and a Quest bar.
Brady was starving by the time his games were over and wanted to go to HuHot. I had chicken and veggies. The calorie count and protein is good, but the sodium is CRAZY HIGH!
Tutti-Fruitt for a treat. I'll have a little bit of coconut frozen yogurt with my fruit please...
After we got home and took a hot shower to warm up, had my favorite tea!
Because my protein was low today I thought it would be a good day to try Casein before bed.
It was pretty good!
2 liters of water
2 cups tea
Sunday morning - oops, slept in. Majorly slept in! My husband fell asleep watching something on tv Saturday night and woke up at 3am and didnt want to wake me up so he stayed on the couch. I kinda woke up at 8 am to the sound of Aiden wanting breakfast. I peaked outside and saw white stuff on the room, and crawled back under the covers. My husband came to bed to snuggle and we fell asleep - until almost 11am!!!!! I don't remember the last time I slept that late!
Went for a 30-minute power walk in the snow, sleet, rain, wind, followed by hip flexors on the Bowflex and 4 minutes of tabatas. This protein shake after was YUMMO!
Made Craving-Killing Cookies
Found this recipe for supper. It's a keeper. Fresh lime juice with seasonings, shrimp, carrots, onions, and bell peppers. We added chicken and beef.
SO EASY Mexican Shrimp Fajitas in Foil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/4 pounds jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3/4 pound baby carrots, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, slice
- Optional: chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine lime juice and oil in a large bowl. Stir in the garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, cayenne pepper and salt. Add shrimp and vegetables and stir to coat.
- Lay a large piece of heavy-duty foil on a baking sheet. Spoon shrimp-veggie mixture into the center of the foil and spread it out a bit. Place another large piece of foil over the shrimp-veggie mixture. Fold together and seal all four edges of the two foil pieces, forming a well-sealed packet.
- Place baking sheet in the oven and bake approximately 25 minutes, until shrimp is opaque and cooked through and veggies are tender. Let cool slightly. Using oven mitts, carefully flip packet over to mix contents and then return to right-side-up. Cut packet to release steam before opening it entirely. (Careful, steam will be hot!!) Optional: Sprinkle on chopped fresh cilantro before serving.