Don't skip the leg workout. Like any other muscle, to build strength you need to lift weights...heavy weights. I usually do one day of heavy weights and a couple days of plyometrics which help lean out the legs a bit. Here's my strength routine from yesterday:
1. Walking lunges with a 50 lb. barbell on the shoulders. (20 total)
2. Superset with 20 lunge jumps. Complete three sets of this superset.
1. Dumbell squats. With feet close, hold two dumbbells at your sides and squat down as if sitting. Keep the torso upright and breathe. (8-10 reps) I use 40 lb dumbbell in each hand.
2. Superset with 30 second wall sits...legs at 90 degrees! Do three sets of this superset.
1. Unilateral leg press (one leg at a time). (3 sets of 8-10)
1. Plie Squats. Legs wider than shoulder width and toes pointed slightly outward. Grab one large dumbbell and hold it with both hands. (3 sets of 8-10)
2. Superset with squat jumps or pop squats. (3 sets of 15)
1. Stiff legged dead lifts. (3 sets of 8-10)
1. Step ups with 15 lb dumbbell in each hand onto a high weight bench. (3 sets of 10 each leg)
2. Superset with box jumps onto the bench (3 sets of 10)
STRETCH and ENJOY the burn! You will be walking like a zombie but take this challenge.